To understand the functions, pros, and cons of different categories of guns and firearms, you need to understand the terms used.
You must know more about different types of guns and firearms in order to be a responsible and proactive member of society. Here, we go over different kinds of handguns for personal self-defense, semi-automatic pistols, bolt action rifles, muzzleloaders, revolvers, and many others. Bullets can be single rimfire or centerfire; shotshells are small cartridges fired from a shotgun. Firearms have rifled barrels that spin the bullet, increasing its accuracy.
Learning about firearms is one important part of our responsibility as responsible citizens. From pistols to rifles, and everything in between, the guide to firearms is your complete resource for learning about your favorite firearms.
Choose from fourteen different categories of guns and firearms along with brief descriptions of their main design features.
- Machine Guns – a machine gun that fires bullets in rapid succession as long as the trigger is depressed.
- Rifles – a pistol, especially one fired from the shoulder, with a long spirally grooved barrel designed to spin a bullet and so improve accuracy over a long distance.
- Assault Rifles – a magazine-fed, rapid-fire automatic rifle developed for infantry use.
- Shotguns – Shotguns are an excellent way to hunt both small and large games. They harness the power of a shotgun and can be more cost-effective when hunting lighter game.
- Revolvers – Revolvers are simple, rugged, reliable, and economical firearms. They are characterized by the fact that a revolving cylinder contains their ammunition.
- Handguns – Handguns are a weapon used in close individual combat. They can be used by military and law enforcement, and also are common for self-defense. Handguns are designed to be carried on person and function as both a rifle and a pistol.
- Air gun – Use them for plinking, hunting small game, or pests. They’re accurate, reliable, and simple to use.
- Blowgun – Blowguns are used to fire darts, or blow darts. Blowgun comes as a set of two blowguns and one dart per tube. It is made of high quality material.
- Blunderbuss – The Blunderbuss Gun is a weapon that delivers massive damage at close range from its shotgun-like spread of shells. The main benefit of the Blunderbuss gun over other guns is the ability to crowd control many enemies at once in a close combat situation.
- Carbine – The Carbine is a great choice for close-quarters combat. Its lightweight and fast rate of fire make it perfect for taking out enemies at close range, and its bullpup design makes its magazine extra large.
- Spencer carbine – The Spencer carbine was a lever-action repeating firearm, designed for the cavalry service.
- Gatling gun – Gatling guns were hand-cranked machine guns that could fire hundreds of rounds per minute. They were used in the 19th century and developed into an effective weapon that also is considered to this day as a precursor to modern machine guns.
- Derringer – The original pocket pistol, the mighty Derringer has enough power to stop a raging bull. Yet it’s small and lightweight enough to carry comfortably in a pants or coat pocket. The hand-filling grip allows for instinctive shooting. But the most important feature of all is the simple design that makes it easy for anyone to use.
- Musket – The Musket is the heaviest musket and deals a devastating blow. It can quickly break the enemy’s guard.