Growing up in Puerto Rico, I received the full experience of sitting down in the early evening to watch telenovelas with my family. Somehow that was part of my mom’s generation, and a little bit of it stuck with me after I grew up. I rarely watch them now, unless it’s one of these very elaborate telenovelas about a different time period (think Hispanic Downton Abbey, lol). I do pay attention to what the TV studios come out with, and stumbled upon this one that’s launching this coming week in Telemundo, called Corazon Valiente (which literally means brave heart).
One of the things I really get excited about as a beauty blogger is the makeup styles they use in these different productions. I always look for the promo pictures, and sometimes find looks like the pictures below which inspire me to do a makeup tutorial. That’s why I came up with this look below. I find it a very easy, neutral look that at the same time looks polished and sexy. I hope you enjoy!
By the way, I’ve done a couple of ‘Telenovela’ inspired makeup tutorials before you might want to also check out. Here’s my Teresa Mendoza inspired look from La Reina del Sur, and also my Relaciones Peligrosas inspired look.
Here’s a list of the products I used in this Video Tutorial:
- Eve Pearl Moisturizer (EvePearl)
- Benefit The POREfessional (Sephora) (Ulta)
- Eve Pearl Liquid Foundation – M2/T1 (Eve Pearl)
- Bobbie Brown concealer – Warm Beige (Sephora)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush – Blissful (Sephora) (Ulta)
- Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel (Nordstrom)
- NARS Laguna Bronzer Blush (NARS) (Sephora) (NARS)
- MAC Quarry Eyeshadow (Nordstrom)
- MAC Espresso Eyeshadow (Nordstrom)
- NARS Lhasa Eyeshadow (Sephora) (Nordstrom) (NARS)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow sticks – Champagne and Taupe (Tarte) (QVC)
- Urban Decay Eyeliner – Whiskey (Sephora)
- Elizabeth Arden Eyeliner – Espresso (Elizabeth Arden)
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara (Sephora) (Ulta)
- YSL Lipstick 09 (Nordstrom)
Here are some of the pictures I went by for inspiration on my look: