Why did I consider getting this Tarte SmolderEYES Set?
I stumbled upon this while shopping on QVC, after finding the Tarte Eye Candy Shadow Stick collection. Just like that other one, I thought it was a fantastic deal, so I decided this tarte SmolderEYES set was coming home with me as well.
Where can you get it?
I got the Tarte SmolderEYES set online at QVC.com
What did I find in the package?
You get 6 SmolderEYES eye shadow pencils (0.056 oz each) and also a sharpener.
Time to try it. What did it do for me?
I loved these as much as I loved the shadow sticks. Great pigmentation, no smudging or creasing, very smooth as well. I don’t want to completely repeat my thoughts from my tarte Eye Candy shadow stick review, but they’re very, very similar in quality (and that’s a great thing!). They also lasted all day long for me. However, they are easier to remove than the shadow sticks. I was able to remove them with an oil based makeup remover without much trouble.
It doesn’t take much of this eye shadow to get good coverage on your lids (except for Silver Black). To apply I either do it directly from the tube to the eyelid or use a brush for a feathered out look. Very easy to apply and blend. They do set quickly so you have to work fast.
Let me give you an overview of the colors:
- Violet: Deep violet with tiny purple flecks and a subtle sheen
- Golden Beige: Very light beige with tiny silver flecks and subtle sheen
- Silver Black: This black is not potent. I have to build it up if I want intensity. It has silver glitter and it’s chunckier than in all other pencils.
- Moss: Olive green with subtle golden sheen
- Smoke – Silver color with gorgeous subtle sheen
- Espresso – Dark chocolate color
Here are some more pictures of the tarte SmolderEYES Set:
What is the Verdict?
tarte also scored big with this set for me as part of their 2011 Holiday sets. Amazing value!! The price on this set was $39 which comes to around $6.50 each. Six fifty for a high quality eye shadow/liner that lasts all day? Yes. Yes. Yes. Have you tried these yet?