Why did I consider getting these Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow by Eye Studio?
I’ve heard many YouTubers talk about these eyeshadows lately, comparing them often with MAC Paint Pots. I love MAC Paint Pots, so I was immediately intrigued. Since these are half the price than the ones from MAC, I knew this is something I had to try for myself. Is all the hype worth it? That’s what I wanted to find out.
Where can you get it?
I got the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow by Eye Studio at my local CVS.
What did I find in the package?
Each Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow comes in a very good quality glass container with a screw top cap. Very similar to MAC Paint Pots, of course. They contain .14 oz / 4 g which is a lot of product! It is 20% less product than the MAC ones, but in this case, less is not bad, unless you’re going to be abusing these bad boys. For me, this is plenty and will last me forever.
Time to try them. What did they do for me?
Boy oh boy… Could these be any more bullet proof??? First, I want to tell you I could not find anything wrong with these cream eyeshadows! When I am comparing a product similar to a higher end one, I am usually looking for big differences between them, to see if the ‘big brand’ is worth the price or not. With these, I simply could not find it. The colors are beautiful. I got 8 different colors, which I describe below. Some I thought are actually really close dupes to either MAC Paint Pots or to Tarte EmphasEyes cream eyeshadows I’ve tried in the past. O-M-G I got no creasing, smudging or fading at all! I’m talking after 8 hours of wear. That’s amazing! The consistency is smooth and soft, so they glide and blend like a dream. It doesn’t take long for the product to dry up either, which some people might not like about other cream eyeshadows. Some colors are more opaque than others, but you can build all of them up and get really intense and opaque finishes.
Here’s a description of all the colors.
- Tenacious Teal: Light blue color with tiny silver glitter.
- Too Cool: My least favorite color. It’s a frosty white but goes in very sheer.
- Tough as Taupe: My favorite color of the bunch!! It’s a very pigmented taupe color and it’s matte!!! If you were to get only one I would tell you to pick this one up. It looks so natural by itself. Gorgeous!!
- Pomegranate Punk: It’s a beautiful burgundy color. It’s sooooo similar to MAC Idyllic Paint Pot, I would say it’s a strong dupe.
- Fierce and Tangy: I’m so glad I picked this up. I was scared for this color because it looks so orange in the pot, but I must say once you blend it in the lids it looks beautiful.
- Bold Gold: Very nice gold. It’s frosty with some shimmer.
- Edgy Emerald: I’d call this a mermaid green. It’s got a beautiful sheen but I had to build it up because it was a bit sheer.
- Bad to the Bronze: Gorgeous shimmering champagne color. Nicely pigmented.
Here are some pictures of the Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eye Studio:
What is the Verdict?
These cream shadows are fabulous! I’m very impressed by their quality and their performance. They can be used by themselves or as eyeshadow bases, so you get multiple uses out of them. They are really long wearing and smudge proof. I found them to be so close and similar to MAC Paint Pots but at less than half their cost to me they are ideal. I highly recommend them!