Why did I consider getting the MakeupGeek Eyeshadows?
I have been a faithful Makeupgeek admirer for years. I love her youtube videos and her blog posts. I didn’t have to think twice when I saw she had come out with her own product line! I’m really happy for Marlena and wish her the very best with her new makeup line. In this post, I will review her eyeshadows. I also have a separate review for her makeup brushes!
Where can you get them?
I got all my MakeupGeek Eyeshadows at Makeupgeek.com, directly from the source ;-)
What did I find in the package?
Each eye shadow comes in it’s own little cutely designed package. I really like the packages because they’re perfect for people like me who want to take these loose eye shadows and store them on something like a Z-Palette. You don’t have to do any work to pry them off a compact. I realize this might not be as appealing to someone who is looking for a compact with a mirror or something like that, but this is very practical to me.
Time to try it. What did it do for me?
The overall quality of these MakeupGeek Eyeshadows is very good. I did find differences from one finish to the next, but overall the quality is good. My favorite color is Cocoa Bear. I find it a unique warm reddish brown color.
Here’s a list of the shades I got and tried out:
- Corrupt: Super pigmented matte black. My favorite matte black at the moment. Blacker than MAC Carbon and Urban Decay Blackout.
- Peacock: Matte teal blue color. It’s a bit chalky but overall is ok.
- Cocoa Bear: Amazingly pigmented beautiful matte warm orange/red brown.
- Goddess: It has a very soft texture with soft metallic copper finish. It has a copper color with a golden sheen.
- Latte: It’s not crazily pigmented. It has a matte light brown color. Could be use to blend eyeshadows in the crease, or for blending.
- Sensuous: It’s got a purple with gold glitter. I like the purple color but the gold glitter was all over the place, so it can be quite messy.
- Brown Sugar: It’s a warm Shimmery copper brown. Very nice texture and color.
Here are some more pictures of the MakeupGeek Eyeshadows:
What is the Verdict?
I love the quantity of eyeshadow that you get for the price. I found they really compare with the higher quality brands but at a fraction of the price, so Marlena might be unto something. The warm brownish colors were my favorite, simply beautiful. I didn’t get to try many of the bright colors, but the 2 I have I found ok, can’t say I was crazy about them, but didn’t dislike them either. Overall, I was impressed with the quality and the quantity, and would recommend them if you’re looking for an alternative to higher priced eye shadows out there!