Disclaimers / Policies / Legal Stuff
At Namaste, Beauty!, honesty first is the number one policy. Because of the way our online world works, it’s important to be transparent and very clear about the policies in place for running this website. Please read through to understand how Namaste, Beauty! operates.
Namaste, Beauty! is run on WordPress and has been coded and maintained fully by myself and my husband. We love the WordPress platform and the flexibility it provides for creating rich, interactive websites.
I have several reasons why I created and run this website.
- Makeup is the only art form I’ve ever been capable of. I can’t draw, can’t sing, can’t do much else artistically, but I’ve discovered I really enjoy creating and discovering through the world of makeup. This really has inspired me to share my experiences with you.
- I have found that sharing information is the best way to help people make intelligent purchasing decisions online. Other blogs have helped me so, so much while buying products when there is so much choice out there.
- I believe people, not companies, are the best at helping us make decisions. I trust people way more than I trust companies, so I want to be able to help others like me decide for themselves if products are worthwhile or not before they commit their hard earned money.
- I do this because I like it and because (and I’ll say it loud) I’m a makeup junkie!
The privacy of visitors and users of Namaste, Beauty! is extremely important to me. I would never want any website to share my information without my personal consent. Therefore, I will never give or sell your personal information to third parties or to anyone else for that matter unless you explicitly agree to it. All personal information gathered on the site will be for the purposes of adding features to the site, and not to be shared with advertisers or affiliates. I do not have control, however, of information that might be shared with any other website accessed through Namaste, Beauty! If you do click on any of the links, please be aware that you might be going to an external website to which I have no affiliation with.
You might have seen information online about the FTC ruling pertaining to bloggers online. In short, all bloggers must disclose if the products they review have been given to them for free from a manufacturer or a PR agency working on behalf of the manufacturer. Also, they must disclose if in any way they are being compensated for the article or review, or if they are using any affiliate links on their pages that might generate any revenue for them.
For me, this is currently very easy. I have not received any products from a manufacturer or advertising or any other company to date (December 29, 2011). However, if I ever do, I will post this information whenever I review such products.
Companies, read carefully. If you send me a product to review and I accept to do so, you do it completely on your behalf, without any explicit or implicit agreement on my part to promote it unless I think the product is worth it based on my very own opinion. If I do not like the product, I will also review it and will express my sincere thoughts on it, without any consideration for having received the product for free. My reader’s trust is worth much more than any products out there on the market, so if you’re not ok with this policy, please do not send me anything.
Advertising and/or Affiliate links
I use third party advertisements on Namaste, Beauty! mainly to cover costs for having the site and for being able to purchase and review more products. Third party advertisements are displayed in several areas of the site. You are welcome to visit the advertisers websites through my links if you choose to do so (and I appreciate it!). By clicking and visiting their websites, I might receive compensation from those advertisers. However, I will never ask you to do so, and if in fact you are not comfortable with this, you are free to visit the websites on your own without having to go through my links.
I also include affiliate links in most of my posts. I spend a lot of time (a lot) trying out these products, writing the reviews, editing the videos, etc, etc. so if I can influence your decision to purchase these products and you want to follow the links, I appreciate it. If you do follow the links and end up buying products from the third party, I will receive some compensation for it (how much completely depends on the third party or program). You can usually tell which are the affiliate links because they are different from the product manufacturer’s site. Just as with third party ads, it is completely up to you if you want to use them to go to the product manufacturer’s websites or if you want to visit them directly through a different browser window. Just as with third party advertisements, I want you to feel comfortable with making your own decision on whether or not to use my affiliate links, or if you feel you want to go directly to the manufacturer’s website.
Information for companies considering Namaste, Beauty! for affiliation: I am including affiliate links on my site based on my own decision to promote certain products. I will never do so based on any compensation you might offer, but solely at my discretion. Do not expect me to use affiliate links or to promote your products positively because I am including affiliate links. If I have something negative to say about your products, I will do so.
Bottom line: If you want a positive review on a product, MAKE a good product.
Finally: Please direct PR, advertising and all other inquiries via the following contact page link (soon). I’ll be more than happy to receive any press releases or announcements as well. Please send those and any high resolution images at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sweepstakes / Giveaways / Contest Rules
The following are the policies I follow with regards to all my giveaways, which I manage as sweepstakes. There are legal implications to holding these sweepstakes, so I want to make you aware of all the rules and little details involved. For each particular contest, I will have a detailed page with the prizes and information specific to it, but these below are policies that apply throughout all of them.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Void where prohibited.
- No purchase is necessary. In any case where a contest would involve a purchase, the purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- The retail worth of any prize will be stated in the post for the specific giveaway on this site.
- Any disputes or mistakes will be handled appropriately, should they occur, to ensure the winner is reasonably happy.
- I do solely reserve the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value, determined by its retail worth.
- The prize winner’s name will be published in the post in which I announce the giveaway, if they provided their full name through some means.
- The winner releases Namaste Beauty for all liability by providing their information, including their mailing address.
- I can always be contacted by email at email@example.com for any questions, comments, or clarification of specific details
All the content and all the images included on Namaste, Beauty! are protected by copyright. Logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners, of course. Any unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, posting, transmitting, or duplicating of any of the material is prohibited without my express written permission. You are not allowed to reproduce, sell, and modify any part of the content on this website. You are welcome to link to this blog, and to discuss its contents in a respectful manner.
To obtain permission to use any content from this website, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org